A very strong responsive stick typical of higher quality Pfretzschner bows. The Pfretzschner family were legendary Saxon instrument makers, and the 1834 founding of the G.A. Pfretzschner atelier in 1834 brought many of the finest craftsmen of the region together to produce bows and stringed instruments for international distribution. The skill of these masters is evident in this octagonal-section pernambuco bow
The Music Trade Review (1903) states that the sole G.A. Pfretzschner importer in America was M. E. Schoening of 369 Broadway NY.